Managing over-stock skincare!

This post contains babbling-time so scroll down if you ready to read along. 😁

pic source


As you might now realize maybe getting home-quarantine make you want to shop. A lot. Like sales were going on here and there. And without you knowing the delivery man was already in front of your door. 😛

Maybe one of the packets was skincare. Maybe not one, but two, or maybe three, five or more? And there was your old skincare standing still on your vanity. 

Does it happen to you too? Oh well, number one world's girl's problem I supposed. 😌

I might not shop a lot, but I bought it every one or two months and it did quite pile up on my skincare stash.

That consists of either skincare that makes my skin looks good. Or the skincare that not doing anything to my skin. Or the one that I don't know when will I use it daily, but I didn't give it away to anyone, cause somehow I feel like maybe it will work on me some the other days.

While I feel guilty (or not 😅) about it. I always try newly-fresh-recently bought-skincare two weeks or a month in a row, and then I rotate it so that my skin didn't unresponsive to it. Then I will search again for another skincare to replace my current skincare, and put the old one into the rotation.

I intentionally do that because I think the best way to make my skin feels the most benefit of the actives ingredients is to use it no longer than one month in a row, unless I do a rotation on the routine I feel like my skin will not feel the good on the product anymore.  

Or maybe, it just happened because I am bored using the same skincare one month non-stop in a row, besides I always curious about the other skincare. So yeah, impulsive detected 😂

Then, I decided to make a schedule for my skincare routine every day, while I am not adding anything up to my regime at least for this month. I wish it will hold my self to spend another dollar on new skincare. *fingercrossed

I feel like when I didn't have any of this schedule, I will find my self just continue to use random skincare in front of my face and the other skincare will just be forgotten, and then unwittingly the expiration date comes up.

A Lil fun fact, I don't know if you guys do it too, but if its the makeup which already expired, I still likely to use it, as long as the consistency and the smells are still the same as before (not a good example my self😀).

But for skincare, I didn't intend to keep on using it, because skincare is contained some actives ingredients in it and if it's already expired and I keep on using it on my face, it will only do more harm than good I think. 

So, my current skincare consists of excessive toners, essences, day and night creams, sunblocks, face washes, and masks.

The next thing to do is to list down all of my existing skincare and divide them into several categories, for me it was:
Exfoliating toners, hydrating toners, moisturizers, cream that contained exfoliating properties, sleeping mask, potent serums with actives, hydrating and soothing serum, sunblock, facial washes, and masks. (soo mannyyy, I cry).

Then I started to make a schedule, I decided to go three times a week for exfoliation, two days for sheet-masking and the rest for hydrating skincare. I make sure to fit all of my skincare as many as I could in a week, but when I couldn't I put it on the hold list, and make sure that I put the hold skincare into next week's schedule.

This is my whole week regime, I don't know if you guys can't understand it tho, but here you go, my schedule for this week only 😃. 


The schedule surely sure will change throughout the week depending on my skin needs, or when I feel like to try new skincare, my routine will definitely change, but I make sure to put it as many as possible into my weekly schedule.

Anyway, one basic rule that I apply on my skin is to never mix up two or more potent actives or acids in one time, cause I tried and it did give me a negative result. For me, it's best to separate them in a different regime.

My other basic rule is I try to put niacinamide and/or Centella Asiatica serum plus sunblock OR vitamin c oil/serum and sunblock in the morning. I'm not combining vitamin c and niacinamide serum together cause I feel a bit itch afterward. 

At noon when I feel not too unwillingly-moved (but mostly I'm not even bothering to do it) I do some add up treatments, I prefer scrub and/or clay mask and/or hydrating mask. Generally, it's something that I have to wash right after.

At the night, I do more intensive skincare, I put AHA and/or BHA and soothing serum and then moisturizer or sleeping mask after that. I do it not more than three times a week because more than that my skin will feel dry or even duller than it already has.

At night that I don't use AHA/BHA, I use a facial oil and/or niacinamide serum to adding some hydration to my sahara skin.

Extensively I use sheet mask twice a week, I tried it three times a week but apparently, my skin can't hold it up, there will be a little acne or some kind of milia pop up on in my face. 

I can get soo easily overboard with skincare, put on potent skincare get a nice result overnight, do it again, and the next day nothing but boom. Bad reactions appear 😅.

Well, you gotta learn beb.

Skincare is pretty much a long journey, you have to know your skin first, pay attention to it, how it will react to certain ingredients. And while it works for me it might not work for others, and vice versa, what good on others might not work for me. Lesson learned. 

On a side note. While there is so many skincare that launches their new skincare like every month. When you decide to try it, feel free to join a trial and error, and enjoy the ride.

If the skincare makes you breakout I think it's very important to have your legitimate-key skincare, and going back to it for a while, and when your skin is getting better and ready to get another expose, just find another way to use it.

But if it did not work well too after all of what you did, well, you can use it on another part on your body. Or give it to another who might like it.

Did I always follow the scheds? definitely not! I look at my current condition to apply skincare at the moment, but most of the time I do looking at the time schedule just to make sure that all of my skincare gets its turn.

I am not always in a diligent state too when it comes to applying skincare every day, I can get so lazy too and most of the time is when I get sick, or when the period comes. Oh the struggle is real 😆

...

Anyway, I plan to put retinol in my regime but my schedule is already tight, I think I have to wait until I finish the other skincare first, oh my, the perks of collecting skincare and not use it until it near-expired 😅







4 Comments

  1. Hi kak! Mohon maaf itu skincarenya banyak sekali 🤣
    Tapi bagus juga caranya untuk dibikin list seperti itu. Boleh nih aku kasih tahu ke temenku juga karena dia juga suka belanja skincare sampai banyak juga 😂

    Untuk produk Vit.C nya, kakak pakai yl lemon ya? YL itu Young Living?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahhahahah iya suka ga mikir msh ada yg lama kl beli, harus mulai ditahan2 daripada mubazir >.<

      iya itu lemonnya young living, mau beli vit c serum lain tp yaudah berdayakan dulu yg ada lagi2 daripada mubaziirr akhirnya kebuang lebih nangis 😂

      Delete
    2. Jangan lihat olshop kak biar nggak impulsive buying 🤣

      Aku baru tahu kalau YL boleh dipakai di muka, kak! Selama ini aku pikir hanya aroma terapi dan boleh dipakai di badan aja 🤣

      Delete
    3. hahaha bener juga olshop itu seumber sgala keborosan 😂. beberapa oil yl boleh buat muka ko, tp untuk yg lemon kl mau dipake pagi jangan lupa pake sunblok ya, amannya sih malem aja pakenya.

      Delete